About the role
Andela’s Talent Development department creates the required programs, curriculum, facilitation, and partnerships that ensure our developers meet Andela’s “developer specifications” in a timely, efficient, scalable manner.
We are seeking a Placement Optimization Services Manager who will partner with the Engineering Staffing department to smooth out the journey of getting our Engineers from ‘trained’ to ‘placed’. Because Engineers want to do meaningful (challenging, fulfilling …) work, it becomes very important that we are constantly optimizing for great placement outcomes by balancing between partner demand and talent supply. We are particularly looking for a highly experienced technical manager that will drive success around these by implementing programs and operations.
- Build and operate placement funnels that gets our unutilized Engineers to do meaningful work with one of our partners
- Multi-stack our Engineers to better their chances of getting placed in some meaningful work through learning programs
- Place our oversupply of Engineers into non-commercial Open Source products led by one of our partners
- Extend existing programs that give our unutilized Engineers practice time for both work and team skills in preparation of actual work with one of our partners
- Maintain great relationships with Engineering Staffing leads, Partner Engineering leads, Technology leads, and Business Development leads to actively pull levers that enable 1000+ Engineers become a part of some very meaningful work
- Manage a team of Product experts, Technical leads, Program associates by mentoring, coaching, and managing their performance
- Key KPIs:
- Successful matches based on deficits that required supply side to intervene
- Bench Time (planned vs actual)
- Successfully worked as a Technical Product Manager/Owner, or Technical Program Manager, or Engineering/other Technical leadership roles. You’ve actuated teams operationally to materialize the goals of multiple simultaneous projects on time while maintaining quality.
- Have at least 7 years of experience working in software product management, software development or technology consulting
- Have at least 2 years of experience leading technical teams of more than 4 ICs at a time
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and keep track of multiple conversations at once
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.