We are recruiting for a Recruitment & Employee Development Specialist to join a for a very reputable multi-national company that specialises in providing products and services to the worlds oil & gas and energy sectors.
This is a permanent position based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, offering a competitive salary with benefits and excellent career progression potential.
Role in brief –
Manage development activities for the region to provide an adequate and continuous flow of qualified personnel. Implement development policies to ensure the best human resources for the company. Coordinates Recruiting & Selection activities in the region. Lead and coordinate activities related to the implementation of training programs..
- Coordinates Talent Review and Succession Planning processes. Ensures identification, retention and development of key personnel.
- Coordinate the Performance Management Process (Goal Setting, Performance Appraisal, Continues Feedback, Individual Development Plans).
- Coordinate Recruiting and Selection activities. Ensures availability of viable candidates in accordance with the Recruitment needs.
- Maintains relationship with educational institutions to ensure adequate flow of qualified personnel for future employment with the company and availability of viable candidates in accordance with the Recruitment Program.
- Coordinate the Global Trainee Program (Fresh graduates program).
- Coordinates the Training Program in accordance with the company’s in-house University global guidelines and the organization needs. Ensures deployment of training initiatives both for Professional and Shop Floor employees.
- Select appropriate training providers and ensures the effective execution of training activities.
- Ensures the preparation of reports / analysis requested by the line managers / HR managers, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis.
- Ensures optimum organizational climate within the company, defining and deploying the Employees Engagement strategy.
- 5-8 years of proven work experience as Talent Development, Recruiting or Training Specialist or Coordinator, preferably at international companies in the Oil & Gas industry or manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics/ KPIs
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- People oriented. Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Results driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- High Leadership Potential to assume higher positions in HR in the future.