Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is a leading international development consultancy, headquartered in Oxford, UK. Our mission is to help low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy. We work in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, including health, finance, education, climate change, and public sector management.
OPM is seeking to recruit a permanent Finance Officer to join our team based in Nigeria. This is an exciting time to join: the successful candidate will be reporting into the Finance Manager and helping to co-ordinate the smooth running and day-to-day financial operations of the office. This role is for vital service support and the successful candidtae will be working across all projects in the Nigeria office and across the company.
Skills and requirements of the role (non-exhaustive):
- Check, review and process invoices, bills, supporting documents received from suppliers, contractors, etc. in line with the policies of the organization and generally acceptable accounting standards.
- Collate and record all transactions in the accounting software daily and prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for monthly cash requisition
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports
- Responsible for submission of all relevant taxes and resolution of first level queries on tax matters
- Ensure that all transactions comply with the established policies and procedures of the company and Nigeria law.
- Support internal reviews and external audits of the organization
- Travel when required to support project implementation
- Any other task/duties reasonably requested by the Finance Manager and Office Director
The successful candidates will own the following minimum essential skills, knowledge and experiences in order to be considered at first shortlisting stage:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s (finance-based) degree in accounting or any related discipline.
- Professional qualification in accounting with evidence of practical application of the qualification is required.
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ post NYSC experience in a relevant position
- Appreciable knowledge and demonstrable experience of Nigeria tax laws
- Sound knowledge and experience of accounting principles and standards
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of any accounting software
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrable evidence of meticulous work and attention to detail
- Ability to work co-operatively, independently and under minimal supervision
- Flexibility to cope with several jobs simultaneously and deal with agreed and often-changing deadlines and occasional weekend work.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Abuja, Nigeria. Please note that successful candidate will need existing full right to work in Nigeria.
OPM offer a rewarding, interesting and collaborative work environment and excellent benefits. If you would like to apply, please complete the application form online and submit your up-to-date CV along with a supporting statement listing how you meet the criteria listed above. Please note we cannot accept applications or CVs submitted via email.
This role will close Monday 17th June 2019 at 23.59pm UK time.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available at
Click here to submit your CV Applicantion