Job Purpose: Carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations associated with the regional hubs to fulfill the needs of the Bank. This role ensures effective compliance to procurement guidelines for the successful preparation, appraisal and implementation of approved projects.
Key Accountabilities (not Exhaustive List)
Policies, Procedures & Processes
- Implements the policies and procedures contained in the procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project officers in preparation of project procurement Plans.
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures taking into account Member Countries’ needs, IDB Group priorities and observed trends among similar MDBs.
Project Procurement Management
- Extend the Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support for improved quality at entry, implementation and at completion in-order to improve quality in project delivery.
- Provide support in risk assessment in projects as per the procurement Guidelines and follow-up with concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the country portfolio.
- Review and clearance, as the case may be, of Procurement Documents (RfP, BD, PQD, EoI, GPN, SPN…) received from beneficiaries and ensure its compliance with IDB requirements.
- Contribute in resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to input in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Contribute in the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
Minimum Number Of Years And Nature Of Experience
- 5 – 8 years of experience in project procurement of MDBs.
- 3 years’ experience in project management and implementation.
Job specific competencies
- Bank Knowledge
- Country Knowledge and Programming
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment and Evaluation
- Policies and Procedures
- Project Management
- Motivation to learn and share
Regional Hub Nigeria, Abuja
20% or more depending on the requirements.
Click here to submit your CV Applicant
If you find this post useful, please share on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. using the buttons below. It will definitely help someone out there.