UTME 2019: Thousands of Candidates won’t get their Results – JAMB

The latest update on the 2019 JAMB UTME result is that “thousands of candidates won’t get their UTME results”. This is equal to information from the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Ishaq Oloyede.

The JAMB registrar gave this update on the 2019 JAMB result during the trespassing of two children of the owner of a computer-based test (CBT) centre, who confessed to selling fake UTME questions and answers to unsuspecting persons.

UTME 2019: Thousands of Candidates won’t get their Results – JAMB

The centre- Risk Global Company Limited, which is located on 300, Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, is owned by a former banker, Emeka Ukpai.

The suspects, Godswill Ukpai and David Ukpai, are his first and second son respectively. They confessed to taking pictures of UTME questions on the screens during examinations at their father’s centre, and that same questions are sold to the owner of a private tutorial centre in Lagos.

They gave the name of the tutorial centre as Embassy, and that the unnamed operator of the tutorial centre usually brings candidates to their centre for registration and examination.

Mr Ebere, an HND II student of the Department of Civil Engineering at Yaba College of Technology, moreover said he had been selling the screenshots of the questions to Embassy Tutorial Centre.

Mr Oloyede, who apprehended the suspects during an unscheduled monitoring exercise at the centre, said CCTV installed at the centre and unfluctuating to JAMB headquarters, had given out the suspects.

He, however, said what they were selling to their “customers” is not pure considering each question set for a candidate cannot be repeated until without five years.

Mr Oloyede said the workbench is single-minded to ensuring the integrity of its viewing and that his efforts are yielding good results.

He said the suspects had tried to imbricate the CCTV at the centre, but the one at the JAMB office in Abuja gave them out.

According to him, increasingly than 100 suspects have been underdeveloped so far during the viewing which is billed to end on Wednesday. He said the deployment of technology has helped to prorogue malpractice a unconfined measure.

“I can reassure you that thousands of these candidates wouldn’t have their results released this year considering we have unprotected them red-handed. That is why we would not release any result until we have viewed all the recordings on the CCTV installed wideness the over 700 centres.”

Meanwhile, Mr Oloyede spoken on the spot that the centre was immediately suspended, and that candidates who were billed to take part in the viewing at the centre on Wednesday would be rescheduled to other centres.

Back to Top ↑